Sold: 2009 KTM 505 XC-F Rally13 March 2019
The rally bike is sold!
You can read a little bit about the history of the bike over here. Right now, it's set up like I had it at the 2019 Sandblast Rally.
- 2009 KTM 505 XC-F (477cc short-stroke twin-cam RF4 motor)
- MotoMinded Rally Moto Kit V1 nav tower and fairing
- Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 autoclutch w/adjustable slave cylinder
- TrailTech 90W High Output DC stator w/flywheel
- Rigid Industries D-Series Fog (low beam) and Driving (high beam) LED lights
- Garmin GPSMAP 62s rugged GPS w/Touratech vibration-damping cradle
- Enduro Engineering roadbook holder
- FMF PowerCore 4 exhaust w/FMF MegaBomb header
- Dirt Tricks Ironman sprockets (both front and rear)
- BRP vibration-damping handlebar mount
- Cycra Probend handguards w/BRP center mounts
- KTM radiator fan wired to manual switch
- wide rally-style footpegs
- DoubleTake Enduro mirror
- suede Renazco Racing seat
- WPS Featherweight lithium battery (new in January 2019)
- big 6.3-gallon (24-liter) Acerbis fuel tank
- heavy-duty plastic skidplate (not in all of the photos)
- plenty of extra vinyl (orange, blue, and reflective white) if you want to have more fun with the graphics
- box of extra parts
- street legal and plated in Kentucky with a clean street title in my name
- January 2019
- Rally Moto Kit fairing replacement
- new lithium battery installed
- changed oil and filter with Motorex synthetic 10W-50 and K&N filter
- switched to 15T front sprocket
- February 2019
- new tires (Shinko 546) and HD tubes
- new air filter installed
- new countershaft seal installed
- new countershaft bolt kit installed
- new seat bolt kit installed
I've owned this bike since 2014. I raced it in the 2019 Sandblast Rally (bike prep details) at the beginning of March and it ran flawlessly. Before that, I mostly just used it to putt around on trails and do some light dual-sporting. Although it has served me reliably, it is really built to be a desert rally racer and isn't at home as a dual-sport or trail bike. I am more of a slow trail rider so I think it's time for the 505 to move on to a new home.
The bike has a license plate and is street-legal with a normal Kentucky street title in my name.
The rally bike has been sold; thanks to everyone who was interested.